Vacancy Announcement: 29 May 2023
Job Title: Community Health Workers
Reporting To: Nutrition Officer
Location: Afgoye district Lower Shabele region, Somalia
Project Fund Code: CBPF-SOM-23-S-NGO-25117
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Closing Date: 12 June 2023
Agro Pastoral Charity Organization (APCO) is a local non-governmental, nonprofit making organization founded in 1998, which supports vulnerable
populations, affected by humanitarian crises in Somalia. APCO provides
continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of
post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target
populations to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce
vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects
of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach
adapted to each context.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund (SHF), APCO is implementing a
Nutrition program, “Titled Provision of lifesaving nutrition assistance for
drought-affected population in Afgoye district, Lower Shabelle”. So, APCO
is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and
committed Community Health Workers
CHWs will convey nutrition messages through house-to-house visits and
community gatherings. Screening and identification of malnourished children
and PLW women.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate community mapping and mobilization through ensuring
participation of all level of people.
- Arrange community meetings with elders’ community leaders and local
- Provide support to Midwives to establish and function Community Health
- Maintain collaboration with PBHS and EPHS.
- Assist to strengthen the referral system on material healthcare and
- Assist Midwives and Doctors to provide ANC and PNC services and
develop a database for it through Health Service Points and existing
- Identification of PSS patients and providing PSS support with the
assistance of a Midwife or Doctor.
- Participate in meetings as requested by senior nutrition teams.
- Establish Mothers’ Groups and facilitate regular meetings with the mother
- Arrange Cooking Demonstration of Nutritious food for children;
- Conduct Screening to identify SAM and MAM children;
- Development of referral system for SAM and MAM children;
- Establish and functioning Youth Club;
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a high school certificate/diploma.
- A diploma in Nursing/Nutrition is an added value.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same position.
- Good organization and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in Somali is required.
How to apply
If you are passionate and meet the above qualifications and experience, please
send your CV to APCO HR Officer by email to: email@example.com or you
can drop your application at the APCO office. On or before June 12, 2023, the
address Physical: Adani Tower 2 Apartments | Block 104, 1st floor | Shaqalaha
area, Hodan District, Mogadishu Somalia. Or alternatively, you can apply directly
on the APCO webpage in the career section APCO is an equal opportunity
employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.