Vacancy Announcement: 29 may 2023
Job Title: Nutrition Screener
Reporting To: Nutrition Officer
Location: Afgoye District Lower Shabele region, Somalia
Project Fund Code: CBPF-SOM-23-S-NGO-25117
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Closing Date: 12 June 2023
Agro Pastoral Charity Organization (APCO) is a local non-governmental, nonprofit making organization founded in 1998, which supports vulnerable
populations, affected by humanitarian crises in Somalia. APCO provides
continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of
post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target
populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce
vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects
of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach
adapted to each context.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund (SHF), APCO is implementing a
Nutrition program, titled Provision of lifesaving nutrition assistance for droughtaffected population in Afgoye district, Lower Shabelle. So, APCO is looking for
a professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team
player to fill the Nutrition project manager.
The Nutrition Screener will provide screening services for acutely/moderately
malnourished children and PLWs. He/she is expected to provide a high standard
of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to
a safe, efficient, and effective service to patients.
- Inform the caregivers and the patients on their weight (increase, static or loss).
- Inform the nurse about the weight change of the patient especially for children
who lost weight.
- Identify the bracelet with the number of the child, name of the center and the
day of visit.
- clearly communicate and discuss with beneficiary caretaker the status and
progress of the child
- Record on the register book the daily attendance, the exits (cured, defaulter,
death, or transfer to SC).
- Work closely with community Mobiliser to inform them about the name and
address of the absentees and defaulter, to check if after tracing the absentees
and defaulters are coming back.
- To weekly fill and transmit to the team leader/ OTP/TSFP Nurse the admission,
- Any other duties assigned by the team leader.
Qualifications & Experience Required Education
- At least a high school certificate/diploma.
- A diploma in Nursing/Nutrition is an added value.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same position.
- Good organization and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in Somali required.
How to apply
If you are passionate and meet the above qualifications and experience, please
send your CV to APCO HR Officer by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you
can drop your application at the APCO office, on or before 12 June 2023.
The address Physical: Adani tower 2 Apartments | Block 104, 1st floor |
Shaqalaha area, Hodan District, Mogadishu Somalia. Or alternatively, you can
apply directly on APCO webpage at the career section APCO is an equalopportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.