Organization: Agro Pastoral Charity Organization (APCO
Position Title: Procurement and Logistic Officer
Location/Duty Station: Mogadishu Office
Announcing Date: 12/06/2023
Closing Date: 20/06/2023
Project Duration:12 months Contract with possibility of extension to availability of
funds and satisfactory job performance.
Commitment to Diversity: APCO is an equal opportunities employer.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agro Pastoral Charity Organization (APCO) is a local non-governmental, nonprofit making organization founded in 1998, which supports vulnerable
populations, affected by humanitarian crises in Somalia. APCO provides
continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of
post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target
populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce
vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects
of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach
adapted to each context.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund (SHF), APCO is implementing a
WASH Project Titled, “Provision of integrated life-saving WASH services for droughtaffected and high-risk food insecure IDPs and Host communities in Kahda district Banadir
region”. So, APCO is looking for a professionally confident, self-motivated,
experienced and committed team player Procurement and Logistic Officer.
Procurement and Logistics officer responsible for fleet management and
ensuring the Program teams are supported with all Logistic related issues.
for warehousing, procurement, customs, transport/fleet, and overall logistics tasks
relating to WASH programme and operations in Mogadishu Kahda.
The role is responsible to work with the programme team on creating delivery
schedules, ensuring the timely delivery of materials and goods as required by the
project activities, maintenance of contracts and capital equipment registers, and stock
control records. The role is also responsible for ensuring that required reports are
accurate and submitted as per the agreed reporting schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of transportation requirements of
the WASH Project
- Ensure agreed procurement standards and procedures are implemented and
maintained/followed for all procurement activities
- Provides technical and operational logistics support focusing on purchasing,
warehousing, fleet management, and transport and Order management, in line with
APCO’s logistics standards
- Take the lead in the procurement of goods, works and services for the projects.
- Report on procurement, asset management, warehousing, fleet and transport
activities as per the agreed reporting schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring all procurement, asset, warehousing, transport and fleet
files are filed according to the agreed procedure and policy, as well as ensuring
donor compliance requirements are met.
- Coordinates logistics activities, ensures proper planning within the site and clearly
communicates constraints if any, in a timely manner to prevent delays
- Ensures that all transactions pertaining to receiving and dispatching and
distributing goods are accurately captured in the logistics system/database and all
the documentation filed accordingly
- Ensures that deliveries, transportation of goods and items, supply requests are
closely monitored, and the correct documentation is used in all these transactions
- Ensures that all the internal Administrative and financial procedures are strictly
- Interacts with suppliers and contractors and monitor their activities to ensure
adherence to the terms stipulated in their contracts
- Assists in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding
the security situation in the project target area.
- Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists;
- Assists in reporting security incidents affecting the staff, project
beneficiaries, activities, offices and assets.
- Organizes and delivers training courses on security awareness and
- Assists in preparing project area Security Risk Assessment (SRA), and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan, as
- Experience in fleet management and air operation activities
- Knowledge of security context or equivalent.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, analytical, administrative, organizational, and
problem-solving skills with a professional capacity to handle confidential
- A strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of
responsibility, commitment and work ethics
- Established networks and contacts with communities and other relevant
parties within the operational area.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures
relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a
professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current
guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Facilitating teamwork and encouraging open communication in the team,
- Managing conflict, Informed and transparent decision making
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in logistics & procurement management or equivalent
in a related field of study
- At least three (1) years’ of work experience in a similar position within the
supply chain and logistics management field
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
How to apply
APPLICATIONS including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be
sent via email to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the
subject. The deadline for application deadline is 25/06/2023.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
APCO is an equal opportunities employer