Organization: Agro Pastoral Charity Organization (APCO)
Position Title: Amine and Finance Officer
Location/Duty Station: Mogadishu Office
Announcing Date: 12/06/2023
Closing Date: 20/06/2023
Project Duration:12 months Contract with possibility of extension to availability of
funds and satisfactory job performance.
Commitment to Diversity: APCO is an equal opportunities employer.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agro Pastoral Charity Organization (APCO) is a local non-governmental, nonprofit making organization founded in 1998, which supports vulnerable
populations, affected by humanitarian crises in Somalia. APCO provides
continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of
post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target
populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce
vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects
of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach
adapted to each context.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund (SHF), APCO is implementing a
WASH Project, titled “Provision of integrated life-saving WASH services for droughtaffected and high-risk food insecure IDPs and Host communities in Kahda district Banadir
region”. So, APCO is looking for a professionally confident, self-motivated,
experienced and committed team player Admin and Finance Officer.
The Admin and Finance Officer will support the program in terms of accounting
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and report on the financial flow (cash forecast) required in the
- Send the cash flow needs cashbook & cashbox and reconciliation on a
monthly basis for approval to the executive director.
- Ensure proper documentation for all payments and efficient reporting of
the balances and ongoing debts to the Mogadishu office.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting cash books according to APCO
standards through Excel/SAGA.
- Send on a monthly basis the documentation in order to the capital office
with the cashier’s help. · Responsible for cross-checking allocations as
per signed purchase orders; reallocations whenever approved;
- Submit administrative and financial inputs to the Nutrition coordinator for
the weekly meeting.
- Supervise and support the cashier on the accounting and cash
management· Follow up the implementation of APCO HR procedures at
the base level and ensure that memo is well communicated to all
employees of the bases.
- Ensure that all contracts are signed by new employees and all
documentation is sent to the Mogadishu offices.
- Ensure valid contracts of staff at the base level are kept up to date ·
Maintain control and check the system of the attendance of all staff at
the base level and ensure updated Leave Follow-Up and the attendance
sheets are sent to the Mogadishu office.
- Ensure to send the entire leave request forms for the staff at the base
level to the Mogadishu HR office.
- Organize staff induction and management of appraisals with the line
managers at the base level.
- Control and supervise the filing of staff personal folders.
- Any other duty that is in line with the position.
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures
relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a
professional discipline or technical speciality relating to the position.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it
in work assignments.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current
guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Facilitating teamwork and encouraging open communication in the team,
- Managing conflict, Informed and transparent decision-making.
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others.
Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the
responsibility of each staff member.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Business
Administration, Human Resources or a related field.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience, preferably in a similar
position in an NGO.
- A deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish
effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited
supervision, pro-active and a good team player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Fluency in Somali and English language is a must
Core Values and Critical Competencies.
- Transparency & Accountability
- Initiating Action
- Facilitating Change
- Team Mobilization
- Stress Tolerance
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Conflict Management
How to apply
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3
referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the
subject. The deadline for application deadline is 20/06/2023.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
APCO is an equal opportunities employer