Logistic Officer(1 Position)
Organization: Agro Pastoral Charity Organization (APCO
Position Title: Logistic Officer
Location/Duty Station: Mogadishu Office and Afgoye District, Lower Shabelle
Announcing Date: 29/05/2023
Closing Date: 07/06/2023
Project Duration:12 months Contract with possibility of extension to availability of
funds and satisfactory job performance.
Commitment to Diversity: APCO is an equal opportunities employer.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agro Pastoral Charity Organization (APCO) is a local non-governmental, nonprofit making organization founded in 1998, which supports vulnerable
populations, affected by humanitarian crises in Somalia. APCO provides
continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of
post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target
populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce
vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects
of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach
adapted to each context.
In partnership with Somali Humanitarian Fund (SHF), APCO is implementing a
Nutrition program, titled Provision of lifesaving nutrition assistance for droughtaffected population in Afgoye district, Lower Shabelle. So, APCO is looking for
a professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team
player Logistic Officer.
Logistics officer responsible for fleet management and ensuring the Program
teams are supported with all Logistic related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical and operational logistics support focusing on
purchasing, warehousing, fleet management, and transport and Order
management, in line with APCO’s logistics standards
- Coordinates logistics activities, ensures proper planning within the site
and clearly communicates constraints if any, in a timely manner to prevent
- Ensures that all transactions pertaining to receiving and dispatching and
distributing goods are accurately captured in the logistics
system/database and all the documentation filed accordingly
- Ensures that deliveries, transportation of goods and items, supply
requests are closely monitored, and the correct documentation is used in
all these transactions
- Ensures that all the internal Administrative and financial procedures are
strictly adhered to
- Interacts with suppliers and contractors monitor their activities to ensure
adherence to the terms stipulated in their contracts
- Cooperates with the organization’s Logistics team, co-monitors their
performance end ensures they are well equipped in terms of skills,
knowledge and competencies
- Assists in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding
the security situation in the project target area.
- Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists;
- Assists in reporting security incidents affecting the staff, project
beneficiaries, activities, offices and assets.
- Organizes and delivers training courses on security awareness and
- Assists in preparing project area Security Risk Assessment (SRA), and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan, as
- Experience in fleet management and air operation activities
- Knowledge of security context or equivalent.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, analytical, administrative, organizational, and
problem-solving skills with a professional capacity to handle confidential
- A strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of
responsibility, commitment and work ethics
- Established networks and contacts with communities and other relevant
parties within the operational area.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures
relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a
professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current
guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Facilitating teamwork and encouraging open communication in the team,
- Managing conflict, Informed and transparent decision making.
- Any other duties assigned by Nutrition coordinator.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in logistics & procurement management or equivalent
in a related field of study
- At least three (1) years’ of work experience in a similar position within the
supply chain and logistics management field
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
How to apply
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3
referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the
subject. The deadline for application deadline is 12/06/2023.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
APCO is an equal opportunities employer